Baseball games, sunny days, picnics at the park, baby spinach growing in the garden…
Tis the season for pasta salad!
And, this recipe is the perfect kick off for summer. No bland, mayo-based pasta salads allowed in my house. And, evidently no pasta salad leftovers are allowed in my house. That kind of bummed me out. Guess I’ll make more next time.
Bacon Caesar Pasta Salad was totally inspired by my love for Opa Caesar salad dressing. This zippy Greek yogurt-based dressing is in the refrigerated produce section. It’s fantastic. Try it. I’m serious. I bought two jars last time because I can’t stand to be without it.
- 4 cups penne pasta, cooked al dente according to package directions, drained and rinsed in cold water
- 3/4 lb thick sliced bacon, cooked, cooled and crumbled
- 1 cup fresh baby bell sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced including greens
- 2 big handfuls of baby spinach, torn in half
- 3/4 cup Opa Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper, fresh ground
In a large bowl, gently toss together pasta, bacon crumbles, peppers, green onions and spinach. Pour in Caesar dressing and toss again. Add Parmesan cheese and black pepper to taste. Toss one more time and serve.